Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I need help...

Seriously!!

I need help. I just ate half a pound of cheese. I love cheese, all kinds, American, Gouda, Blue, Feta, Mozzarella, you name it I will eat it.

You know the problem with eating all that cheese? It does nothing for my hips!!

Is there a CEA? You know Cheese Eaters Anonymous?

If I had one ounce of self control I would be ok, but alas, I do not.

I guess it's not that bad since there are not many I-just-have-to-eat-it-because-it's-right-in-front-of-me-taunting-me kind of foods, cheese is one, the other is cracker fried chicken with homemade cream gravy - and I may have only occasionally eaten the last bit of gravy with a spoon so such deliciousness would not go to waste. Come to think of it, I often eat well past the point of full, especially when it's so good you can taste it in your mouth just thinking about it!!

I fear the truth must come out, I am not a big sweet eater. Sure there is the monthly hand over the chocolate or you may not see tomorrow kinda day, but for the most part I am a salty snacker. I think for years i have tricked myself into thinking that the salty savory snacks and foods were much better than the sweet. I mean better in the sense that I would not gain a hundred pounds a year by eating them. I have not gained a hundred pounds, because on 5 foot 4 inch me, another hundred pounds may be frightening!! I have however gained about twenty five over the last year, which at the rate I am going could be a hundred pounds by 2014!

I digress, the point was, I like gazillions of other people have made it one of my goals to loose weight. But, and that is a big but (no pun intended) my plan is not to start fad diets and jump on and off the exercise bandwagon. Rather, I plan to start small, make little changes everyday and see where that gets me.

I have in the last three weeks lost a little over 5% of my total body weight. My small goal is 25-30 lbs before June. At two pounds per week this goal is attainable by mid April

Change number one was drinking more water. I started by drinking one tall tumbler of water just as I got home from work, and another about an hour before bed. Those two glasses are at least half of the recommended daily intake of water.

Change number two will be portion control - so as not to sit down and eat an entire block of cheese in one sitting!!

Change number three will be increase activity, take the kids to the park and run around with then instead of sitting on the swings with them.

Baby steps people, baby steps. And the first is to step away from the cheese:)!

What are you doing to stay fit? What other small changes can I make to shed these extra pounds?

0 comments: