Tuesday, January 11, 2011

An Amazing Sunday

Sunday morning, after Bible Class, AJ sat next to me and took the pew sheet from my hinds. Every Sunday the boys read the back of the pew sheet, the Worship Order, and the only thing that changes from one week to the next are the songs, and of course the actual Worship topic. This Sunday was no different, but AJ recognized a song by name, a song that he and his brother both LOVE!!

There in italics on the Worship Order was How Great is Our God and AJ was grinning from ear to ear as he pointed it out to me. As the congregation began to sing the song AJ was smiling so big, singing so loud, he was so excited he could barely contain himself.

I looked over at Jay to see what he was doing, and wouldn’t you know it, that kid was singing too!! He rarely sings and at 7 almost 8 years old he is much more entertained by looking at all the shadows and making his own shadow puppets on the floor. But this time he was smiling, looking forward and singing his little heart out!!

As there mom I was beaming, as a Chrisitan I had chills, to see the magic in their eyes, to see the excitement they had rejoicing, it literally sent chills through my body as I stood in awe of those two boys, my boys. They get it, they see how wonderful He is, they see how great our God is.

And it melts my heart!!!

The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end

The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God


Photobucket

0 comments: