Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Traveling Mom

So all last week I was away from home traveling for work, in fact, I am gone again today. We have been in the process of integrating a new system in our region. Our office went first and passed with flying colors, all thanks to your truly. Well maybe not all thanks to me, a lot of thanks go to all our administrative staff for their support and backing the choices that I made and seeing everything through to the end.

However, since we did pass with flying colors, we were asked to assist the corporate office by getting a baseline evaluation from all other midcontinent offices. Thus began my life as a traveling mom.

I have been in five cities in five days, up at the literal crack of dawn, watched the sun rise in all five cities, and awake to actually watched it set as well!! Amazing is the scenery between Kansas and Oklahoma. Ok, I am sure some of you reading this think I have lost all my marbles, but this little lady doesn’t get out much and aside from a couple of trips to the country in upstate New York, I have seen very little of much else besides the Great State of Texas.

A quick run down, Tuesday last week I was at the airport at 5:30 am to catch a 7 am flight from Houston to Midland. Wednesday I was up at 4:00 to catch a 6:30am flight (that was cancelled) from Midland to Dallas, Thursday I was up at 3:15am to catch a 6 am flight from Dallas to Kansas City MO. Drove from Kansas City, MO to Topeka KS, spent the day in Topeka and then drove from Topeka to Tulsa. Friday I was up at 5 am to head into our Tulsa office, we left Tulsa and flew back into Houston where our flight landed at exactly 5pm – five minutes early!!

Goodness it was so much traveling, I am still tired!! I am sitting in a hotel room in Austin as I type this – thank God they did not try to throw in Austin last week too! As much fun as it sounds it was grueling. But at the same time it was kind of nice to be responsible for only one person for a while. Honestly, I kept thinking I was forgetting something everywhere I went.

I will be back with the kiddos tomorrow evening, God willing and the creek don’t rise, we will have a quiet weekend ahead of us.

Oh, wait… I just remembered it will not be a quiet weekend….

Stay tuned to see what Chaos we will drum up next.

Photobucket

0 comments: