Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do you Weigh in??

It has been quite some time that I just simply blogged about one day in our very hectic life. I will deviate a bit by saying that work and family have made me a traveling gal recently and none of that has been related to a vacation. Of which, I am sure I am in dire need.

So with that said, here goes. I picked the kiddos up yesterday from the nanny, and had some errands to run, all of which could be done by attending the dreaded Wally World. I say dreaded because that is not a fun store most of the days, it is almost always packed (except for the wee hours of the night), and there are never enough registers open. Plus let’s just be completely honest here, no store is fun during rush hour traffic and after a twelve hour day!

So I park, and we were fairly close to the entrance, yippee!! Load Jenna in the buggy and the boys were walking next to me. We waited at customer service to take care of one errand, a long line, but thankfully it only took a few minutes to get through. Then we proceed to go figure out what we wanted for dinner. Mind you, it is 6 pm and Jenna is well into her “Diva” attitude and the boys, well they are just plain silly by this time in the evening.

Luckily I did have some pumpkin seeds in my purse and bribed all three to behave by handing them only one seed at a time – hey peeps, I had to ration, the supplies were limited. Of course after we get what we needed the boys needed to look at Nerf guns, so we went to peruse the toy isle, they knew full well they would not be purchasing anything, they were strictly “window shopping” – which Jay does not understand because he said there were no windows to buy there:)

Jenna began to get fussy, I started to get the boys wrangled and ready to leave, then I see this…





Oh, I think I will have to weigh my child on the way in and then again on the way out.
What do you do? How do you make it through errands, shopping, and daily life with kids in tow?

1 comments:

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

Thats funny. I always seem to open a package of something I bought (or plan to buy!) to keep my boys quiet until I'm done. She is so sweet!