Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Growing Up Before Your Eyes

Ok, we are now in the play offs, school is coming to an end, and there may actually be a light at the end of the tunnel! The crazy days of Spring are coming to an end as we near closer and closer to the lazy days of Summer. Although if past experience is any indication of what this summer will be like, lazy would not be the word to describe it.

I mentioned the boys are in play off mode, it is double elimination, so even though they lost last night, they go on and play again on Thursday. We went and watched the first play off game on Monday night, and there is another one tonight that we will go watch. It is so neat to watch the boys and their competitive spirits come out as they watch the other teams play. Standing right at the fence cheering their friends on, and there might have even been some yelling at the umpires. I have no clue where they would get the notion that it is "OK" to fuss at the umpires, there is no way that was behavior they learned from me, well, ok, maybe they learned it from me. At least they are getting good about being able to make calls - the boys that is.

I think one of the greatest things I have watched this Spring is the boys actually learn the game. I mean they are leaving with more than the you hit the ball and run the bases idea of baseball. They realize there are plays, strategies, and mistakes that can make or break your game.

I often forget that they are still so little. I sat and talked to another parent last night and realized for the first time all season, that AJ is one of the youngest kiddos on his team. Jay - he is the youngest (that's because mom can not be in two places at once - so we moved him up). All the other players are in third grade, AJ in second grade, and Jay in 1st.

Then I watched with a new found sense of admiration my boys, my babies played ball with the big kids. Then it hit me, they too were the big kids. What in the world am I going to do with them? I mean I could ask them to stop growing up, but then I would never have that feeling that I had last night. That realization that they were learning, having fun, and enjoying life.

Don't forget to hop over to my review blog, there is a chance to win $125 Visa gift card, just by leaving a comment. While you are at it, jump on over to the round up page - there is a chance to win $500.

0 comments: