Friday, May 28, 2010

Are you my mother?

A couple of Sundays ago, we were getting ready for church. All ready to run out the door when I realized that I did not have Jenna's sandals. While that should not be a big deal, it kinda was. I mean I was not going to send he in a sun dress and pink converse (even thought secretly I think it is cute).

Where had we been? Where was the last place I had seen them?

My parent's house! I called, yes they were there. Score!! Good thing that mom's house is on the way-ish to Church.

I pull into the driveway, jump out and run up to the front door.

I feel this crazy flapping hitting on the top of my head - I mean I can feel my hair getting tangled!! So I gracefully squealed, flailed my arms above my head and ran inside. Seriously my heart felt like it wanted to jump right out of my throat!! I also think that is the closes I have ever been to ever having a heart attack!!

I was attacked - by a bird!! These crazy state birds we have - have you heard of them, a mocking bird? They are terrible protective of their space and their babies. Only problem, I was attacked by the baby!! To top it off, this baby thinks my mom's neighbor is his mom.

Keith has fed the baby bird, and I would not believe it if i had not seen the pictures, but this baby bird will perch on Keith and stay, sit, and watch from atop Keith's head, or shoulders, or where ever the bird is comfortable at the time.

Kind of reminds me of the Dr. Suess book, Are You My Mother?

There are a few more days to enter, so hop over to my review blog, there is a chance to win $125 Visa gift card, just by leaving a comment. While you are at it, jump on over to the round up page - there is a chance to win $500

2 comments:

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

OMG I would die! It would just get totally stuck in my hair spray filled hair!

Deb said...

Oh goodness! Those birds will attack anything - they go after my dog all of the time!

Miss chatting w/you - I hope you are well!