Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Crawfish Fun

Every year for Easter Sunday our family (my parents) host a crawfish boil. If you don't know what crawfish are, you are seriously missing out on some of the little mud bugs ever!!!

This year was no different, we had crawfish, and lots of friends and family over to enjoy it with us!!

Words don't explain how much fun we have, but if you are ever in town for Easter, come on by!!

Last year and this year my cousin and her daughter came into town to celebrate and feast with us, and this year they came back, next year we are hoping they bring a few more relatives with them. We truly have so much fun!! My dad and mom moved to Texas before my sister and I were born, the rest of our family is in New York. We may not see each other often, but when we do, it is like not a day has passed since the last time!! Great memories and I am so glad that we will be sharing them with all our kids as they grow up too!! We are also very lucky that two of my dad's siblings have also been fortunate enough to be able to make the trip as well!! We love Aunt Paula and Uncle Dave so much, they are really like second parents to all of us!!

Before

One lone little guy trying to escape.
Cooking


Ready to eat.

Those creepy little guys are tasty!!

Jay chowing down...AJ is allergic, and we have to wait a bit longer to see if Jenna will be able to try them or not. Poor kiddos, they really missed out, Jay ate his weight in mudbugs that day!!

My turn, although I promise you I did NOT eat my weight in mud bugs!!

The Three Amigos:)
Uncle Dave, Aunt Paula, and My Daddy:)

Dad and the neighbor, they are good friends and always greet each other by saying
"How's my brother from another mother?"
While they giggle and shake hands and hug, really even if they see each other every day!!
We are so lucky to have had such wonderful neighbors growing up.
They really were just like family.

Last but not least is the birthday boy taking a picture of someone taking a picture of him!! Nathan, the birthday boy and I have been friends since 6th grade, and Jeff, the guy in the white hat and I have been friends since 3rd grade!!

0 comments: