Thursday, February 11, 2010

It is With a Heavy Heart...

I sat here with my new post window open all day. Sat here trying to think of something to write. I sat here at my desk and tried to accomplish something, anything work related. It didn't happen. It is with a heavy heart that I have sat here thinking, praying, wishing that any of this were untrue. I am asking for prayers for a family who is loosing their daughter to a battle with cancer. This summer I learned that a friend's daughter was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. Layla Grace is a beautiful little girl who fought all summer, through the fall and just recently her mom and dad were told that she would not be on this earth with us for much longer.

I know Layla will be healed, He will heal her. Miracles do happen, and while it seems so unfair that precious Layla and her family have endured this battle, they are stronger because of it. I don't know His plans for sweet Layla, or her family for that matter. I know that Layla's story has brought many people in our community together.

This is all mixed and jumbled and not very cohesive, but I did want to put something down. Please pray for peace for this family, pray that Layla's two sisters will understand what is happening, pray for strength for Layla's mom and dad as they continue this journey no parent should ever have to walk. Pray for all the families that have lost loved ones, with sick loved ones, pray for the families that are whole and healthy, but somehow each day take that for granted.

7 comments:

JD said...

I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am praying for Layla's family...

Erin Lutz said...

Megan- i am so sorry for your friend and what the family is going through. I hope they can find some peace.

Stacey said...

Just said a prayer for her and her family.

Kristin said...

Oh Megan - so very sorry!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. You know where to find me.

Deb in MD said...

Megan - I'm so sorry, it is so hearbreaking. I cannot imagine how the family is feeling.

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

I'm praying for this family. I have been following the blog the last week or so. So sad for this family.

Tina said...

Meagan:

I've been following this story and didn't know you knew this family...so very sad and they are in my prayers.

Sure makes you hug your children a bit more and reflect that others have it so much worst....

Hugs