Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Wishing Bone

On my way to drop the kids off at daycare before school on Tuesday, I was talking to the boys about their day - good attitudes, no bad notes from the teacher etc. We also were discussing what we would do once we got home.

I told the boys that if the wishbone from the turkey was dry they could split it and make a wish. Jay thinks it is a "wishing bone" and he decided that he would wish to be "big". As in he wants to be an adult. Which reminded me of the movie with Tom Hanks - "Big", so I started to explain the movie, thought maybe I would buy it for them for Christmas. I told Jay that being big isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure you don't have a "boss" to tell you what to do, when to clean, when to go to bed, what to eat, etc.

There are so many other things that adults have to do that kids would not enjoy. to which Jay replied, "Oh yeah, I would have to worry about buying things for may anniversary and blah, blah, blah... Never mind, I don't want to be big, I will wish for a bunch of candy!" AJ is cracking up in the back seat, Jenna is laughing because the rest of us are laughing and Jay is dead serious, he does not want to deal with "his anniversary" He thinks it is too much trouble, and now NEVER wants to grow up for fear of this anniversary!!

I am not sure when or who he overheard that was stressed about an anniversary, but he is frightened of it and it is kind of cute:).

6 comments:

amy said...

hilarious!!!

Stacey said...

If he only knew about the other stressful things! lol I wish that was all I had to worry about! lol

Erin Lutz said...

That is so cute!

Jeanette said...

That is adorable! I'm with him, I don't want to grow up either!

Shana said...

Smart boy!

Tina said...

Very smart boy....

So funny!

Hugs