Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Picture Advice People!

Ok, let me start by saying I am not asking for advice on how to use my camera, or how to take awesome photographer quality photos, or how to edit my photos like a professional. :)

I am asking for advice on how you request photos from others. Let's just say that I have been many a times sans camera! With the meds and nebulizer and what ever toy the kids can not leave the house with out, often times my camera ends up lonely sitting on the counter, or dresser, or what have you.

So, here is my question, I e-mail friends and family after functions to see if they can forward me any of the photos of my immediate family. I am not asking for all the pictures that were taken, just any that may be of me, my husband, or our kids. More times than not I get no response. A few days go by and I will get a "Send this to 10 people or you will die" type of e-mail from the person, but still no response regarding the pictures.

Ok, so maybe I lied a little when I said I send these type of e-mails often, but truth is, I have sent them a few times a year to the same person. Not really even sure if she reads our family blog or not, but she is family (by way of marriage) and to put it nicely things are tense between her and a lot of people. She is the type of person who you have to word things very carefully with on one day and the next you could say anything and it would not bother her. Problem is I don't know what kind of day it is:).

So - (which is apparently my favorite transition word today) How would you ask? Oh, and I can not just stop by and ask to put them on a CD that I just happened to bring with me, I was informed some time ago that I was not welcome to visit their home:) That I am guessing was an off day, at least I hope that was not a good day, because my word, what would she have said on a good day???

5 comments:

Sugar and Spice said...

Hi! Just wanted to invite you to enter a giveaway on my blog since you have a cute little girl! Hope youll check it out!
www.Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Meagan:

WOW that is a hard one....I guess maybe send her the cd in the mail...just email her saying you are mailing her the cd...kinda like putting her on the spot so she can't say no!

I think for future reference I would buy a throw away camera to keep in my purse for emergencies when you forget the camera..just so you don't have to deal with her...

Come on over to my blog..I'm having a giveaway and your Little Miss would look so cute in it...

Miss you...

~Hugs

Stacey said...

I say don't ever forget your camera, and stay away from the bipolar woman!

Shana said...

It doesn't sound like any way you request them from her is going to work, ha! Maybe set up a family sharing site. My dad & I upload to Picasa web albums on google. That way we can see each other's albums without it taking so long to email them. Hope you figure something out!!

Stacey said...

Hi, Megan, welcome to my blog! :)