Monday, December 21, 2009

Finally Put 'Em Up!!

I realize that we are days away from Christmas now, I suppose this year my theme has been procrastination!!!


I had only bought a couple of gifts for Jenna, and all the kids stocking stuffers as of Thursday. I bought all of that the same day - at the beginning of November!!! So Thursday I started a mad hunt for the rest of our shopping list!! Thursday also happened to be the last day Amazon was offering free shipping. So by the time I left work on Thursday, I had three more people to cross off the list (and at super discount prices too). Thursday night I had to run into Target. Although I think that may be a bit of an oxymoron, since I can never just run into Target:). Upon doing so, I was able to cross off two more names on my list (more super discounted prices - Thanks to Target Clearance!!) SUPER!!! Friday, I left work a bit early to go pick up the boys "Santa" gifts, no super discounts there, but it was on sale!! The boys were complete, Jenna complete, my parents complete, one of my brothers complete, our good friends' kiddos complete (we really only buy for the kids anyway), all that is left is my other brother and my sister's kiddos:). My sister's kids are easy, I already know what I want to get, just have to run in and see if they have it, if not, I already have a back up. Only thing about the back up... it requires me to run back into Target, which I love, but my wallet doesn't:). My brother on the other hand is a 14 year old boy/man that is extremely difficult to buy for. He, himself is not picky, it is just finding what i think is the right thing for him - you know? And, the end of my Friday night was spent with the kiddos finally putting up our Christmas Tree and decorations in the house!!! It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here now - and stress level has gone down quite a bit!!!

5 comments:

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

Looks great! Happy Holidays:)

Deb in MD said...

It is a good feeling to feel "ready", but I always feel like I'm forgetting something!

Robin in Montana said...

Beautiful, Megan. I love your snowmen!

Erin Lutz said...

It looks so nice. I can never run into Target either!

Shana said...

I love the snowmen!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!