Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Birthday Boy

Wow!!! I cannot believe that my little angel is 8!!! Yesterday, AJ came rushing into my room, "Mom, I am eight, I am eight!" I rolled over and said, "No son, you were born at 2:24 pm, you will not be eight until then" (Way to burst my bubble mom!!) We made his cake, wrapped his presents, and prepared to head to my mom's for dinner.


I always feel a bit bad with his birthday being just a few days after Christmas, kind of like he doesn't ever really get to celebrate. Typically we will have a birthday party in the Spring for both the boys, we usually wait until then to give gifts. This year I decided we need to do something for each of them on their actual birthdays. We will still have the party in the Spring, but it will be less stressful to me and I will know that the boys also were able to enjoy their special day too.

Sunday evening I asked AJ what he wanted for his birthday, he responded, "Mom, I got everything I could ever want for Christmas" Awww. Such a sweet boy he is!! Either way I hit up Target for some clearance items, and let me tell you the boy made out like a bandit!! Here are a few pictures from last night.

Oh, what can I say about my big boy? He is smart, kind, funny, athletic, reserved, sensitive, and the best role model to his brother and sister I could have ever asked for. He loves baseball, football, basketball, reading, playing video games, and helping mom and dad. He will entertain his sister and brother for hours (well, the brother for hours, sister's attention span isn't quite there yet). I love this little guy more than words can explain. Happy Birthday son!!

1 comments:

FalkFamily said...

Too cute! Happy Birthday AJ!