Monday, October 12, 2009

The Princess is 1!!!




Friday was Jenna's FIRST birthday!! Well, I guess it would be her second since she had a first birthday the day she was born, but you know what I mean!! I bought cupcakes for her to have at school and share with her friends and teachers, she really did not know what to do with the cupcake!!! Once she figured it out there was no stopping her!! I have a few pictures to post and still need to download the rest. The also had her one year check up and her shots too. She is 19 lbs 15 oz, and 27 3/4 inches!! All in all she sits right about the 75th percentile for height and weight. She is walking, running, dancing, playing, and talking so much!!! She has figured out the yes and no thing, she says the words as well as shaking/nodding her head. She blows kisses to say I love you, and she will point out your nose if you ask her to. We are working on other body part recognition, right now if you ask her about anything other than a nose, she will tell you no. She has all the kiddos in here class saying "agua" for water:) I think it is cute - hopefully the other parents don't need a translator for their kids.

This morning she had her tonsils and adenoids removed, the surgery went well, she didn't have any bleeding and she is still sleeping. She has opened her eyes a couple of times, but I think she is just tuckered out and a little doped up on meds too. We are hoping for a quick and comfortable recovery!
That's all for now!

14 comments:

Really Frugal said...

So glad the surgery went well. Hopefully recovery will follow suit. She is lovely in her tiara!

Dawn said...

She looks so sweet in her tiara. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

lisa said...

what a little cutie! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Jennifer said...

So glad it went well this morning. She is absolutely adorable! Happy Birthday Princess!

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

Happy Birthday to your princess! If I had a daughter I think she would be a princess in our house too! Glad to hear her surgery went well. It is always scary to have them have any type of procedure like that.

MannMom3 said...

Happy Birthday Jenna!! What a sweetie! I hope she gets better quick...

GrammieMommy said...

Happy birthday to your little one and it's good to know that she is recovering well from her surgery. I think it's really cool that she's teaching her little friends some spanish!

Karen said...

Happy first birthday to your little princess - she is beautiful!!

won said...

That middle photo in particular is awesome!

I hope Jenna had a decent day today. You've been in my thoughts.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday to your precious princess. I will pray for her and you as she recovers. God bless.

won said...

I understand your earlier comment about asking for help. I felt it.

I am glad that the week has been relatively successful. My heart has been with you...

JD said...

Happy Birthday, little Princess!!! This brought back so many memories of my youngest, also a girl, growing up with two big brothers. Princess indeed.

I am praying she'll recover well from her surgery!!


xoxoxo

Deb in MD said...

Jenna is such a little cutie! I hope she has been well since her surgery.

Anonymous said...

What words... super