Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Laughter Lives

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

Let me start by setting the scene, we always have Sunday dinner at my parents house. This is a house that is forever full of people, not in a bad way, but the good - everyone in the neighborhood likes to hang out and have fun there - way. So of course we were there, kids in tow.

The adults were playing pool in the game room and the kids were eating dinner watching a movie in living room. Jenna, baby Silva, was also in the living room in the swing just sleeping away - or so I thought. Right in the middle of one of my only games I have ever been even close to winning, Jenna starts fussing. Jay comes out and this is what follows...

Jay - Mom can you come get Jenna she's too noisey?

Me - I am right in the midle of this game, give her her paci and I will be there in a minute.

He leaves.
He comes back.

Jay - Mom it's not working she just spits it out.

Me - I am finishing up right now, I will be there soon, just talk to her.

My Dad aka Papa - She's fine let her fuss a bit she needs to develop her lungs.

He leaves.
He comes back.

Jay - Papa she is really annoying with all her noise!

My Dad aka Papa - She's your sister she is supposed to annoy you, maybe you guys picked a bad time to watch a movie.

Jay - No, you guys picked a bad place to leave her.

Well, I uess we may or may not take that into consideration next time.

This is usually how Jenna spends her Sunday evenings.

0 comments: