Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quick Update...

Jesse's grandfather had a Transient Ischemic Attack aka mini stroke yesterday morning. The doctors have warned us that this was always a possibility. The problem with taking him off the Plavix (an anti platelet medication) and the aspirin is that his blood is now not prevented from forming clots. Clots in the blood that travel to the brain, or block blood from flowing properly through the body cause the strokes. While the TIA was only minor and left no permanent long term damage, it could be a sign of what is to come. 1 in 20 people suffer a major life threatening stroke after a TIA. Please continue the prayers that he may be comfortable throughout this process and that the family and the doctors are able to care for him. God has his plans for us all and we can not diverge from them, but we can pray for peace and healing for all the family involved. As stressful as this situation is for Jesse's grandfather, Jesse's mom, aunts, and uncles are also being greatly affected by witnessing these episodes. Thank you for all the prayers and the thoughts the family appreciates them greatly!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, thanks for the comment you left me. It's always good to hear when other ladies have begun to look pregnant, and thanks for understanding.
I'm so sorry to hear about what your husband's grandfather is going through. My Dad had a stroke last year-- his was pretty major. It's a scary thing as a family member. I will certainly keep all of yall in my prayers. Hang tough! ac

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers tonight. My Hubby had a TIA 2 weeks ago. He can only take baby saprin and 1 reg asprin a day for blood thinning because of a Kidney Problem. His MRI showed 3 previous TIA's in the past he knew nothing, except for possibly one when he had a dizzy spell. 5 years ago he had a AAA Stent inserted. He also has a history of High Blood Pressure & High Cholesterol which they now have increased. He is a retired Police Officer and always in very good shape. Take care and we can pray for each other for those precious days ahead for our men.
Judy

Sabrina said...

I will be praying for Jesse's grandfather. Keep us posted on his progress.

Lauren said...

Hello there! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a great recipe! I'm excited to try it.

I'll definitely pray for Jesse's grandfather. My own grandfather was just released from the hospital after a stroke and has had multiple TIA's over the last two weeks (probably close to a dozen now). I can also relate to feeling a little helpless because you're far away--my family lives in Texas and I'm in Massachusetts, and the one thing I'd like to do is just get down there and clean the house and take care of the meals or something just to ease the stress around there.

amy <> said...

A girl??!! YEA!!! How fun! When are you due? I liked your additions to my post-- too funny! :)