Friday, May 16, 2008

Friends...

AJ has had a wonderful time and very easy transition to his new class, he has made many new friends and told me last night that one of his friends was in DMC (in school suspension). He said "Mom, I am not mad at him, but I am disappointed that he was being mean and not following the rules" I told him that I understood and asked what he was going to do. His reply was "The only thing I can do, be nice and follow the rules. When he is back in class I will play with him, but only if he is being nice." I asked what he was going to do if his friend was being mean again and he said, "I am going to tell him that it is not nice to be mean and hurt the other kids, we should all be friends, because we are all brothers and sisters in God's eyes. And we are not allowed to be mean to our brothers or sisters"

Well said my son, well said!!

4 comments:

chelsburleson said...

how awesome is he?! i love that story megan :)

amy <> said...

That's the sweetest thing I've EVER heard!!! You're raisin' him right. :)

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

I think we need to put our boys in a room and record their conversations. That was too sweet. I like the, "I'm not mad, just disappointed..." classic Mom line :)